VR & AR Industry Night (Toronto)
August 1 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm$25
We Are Wearables Toronto has joined forces with House of VR for AR+VR industry night – an evening of inspiring talks, thought provoking conversations, special announcements, networking and demos that are aimed to educate, inspire and connect you with this new wave of computing.
This evening event is on August 1 from 6:30-10PM. Doors open at 6:30PM.
Why Attend AR+VR industry night:
- Step inside new realities with 5 highly immersive VR demos stationed at House of VR
- Get exclusive early access to House of VR’s Augmented Reality art show
- Find out what the latest AR+VR trends are from AR+VR VC & wearables expert, Tom Emrich
- Learn how Toronto’s Modiface is leading the AR revolution in the beauty & health industry
- Hear from active AR+VR investors in the city talk on what they are looking for in deals
- Witness a special launch announcement
- Network with the Toronto AR+VR community including investors, C-level executives, developers, designers, creators and media
Who Should Attend:
- Corporations – learn about AR+VR and how to leverage these technologies to take your business to the next level and meet with startups and strategic partners to help you get there
- Investors – get the pulse of the industry, identify and meet with startups solving real problems in AR/VR and network with fellow investors interested in investing in this emerging space
- Press/Analysts – hear inspiring talks and launch announcements, go hands-on with AR+VR and meet with startups in the city that are leading the AR+VR revolution
- Developers, Designers, Producers & Engineers – learn about the latest AR+VR tech trends, try demos, network with potential employers and fellow AR+VR creators
- Startups – meet with investors, strategic partners and potential clients and get on the radar of press
A huge thank you to our sponsors Proto3000, Super Ventures, AugmentedReality.org, BetaKit and our venue partner House of VR for making this event possible.
Cash bar will be available. Your ticket will include ONE drink ticket provided at the door. All ticket holders must be 19+ and older. ID will be checked at the door. Valid tickets must be presented in order to enter.
6:30-7:00PM: Registration & AR+VR Demos & AR Art Gallery
7:00-7:10PM: Opening Remarks & AR+VR Trends – Tom Emrich – Partner, Super Ventures and Founder, We Are Wearables
7:10-7:25PM: Keynote (TBA)
7:25-7:40PM: Fireside chat with Modiface – the creators of AR tech for the beauty+medical industries including L’Oreal and Estee Lauder
- Parham Aarabi – Founder & CEO, Modiface
- Amanda Cosco – Founder, Electric Runway and leading Fashion Tech expert
7:40-7:50PM: Special Launch Announcement
7:50-8:05PM: Fireside chat with Augmented Human author and AR expert, Helen Papagiannis
8:05-8:30PM: AR+VR Investor Panel
- Ana Serrano – Managing Director, ideaBOOST
- Prashant Matta – Senior Associate, OMERS
- Alexander Barclay – Investment Manager, MaRS IAF
- Tom Emrich – Partner, Super Ventures
8:30-10:00PM: Networking and AR+VR Demos & AR Art Gallery
House of VR Demos
All attendees will have access to these highly immersive House of VR demos plus early access to House of VR’s augmented reality art gallery
Block the beats! Audioshield puts you at the point of impact for every hit in your songs. Block incoming orbs with your shields and feel the music. Works with any song file, plus online music streaming and Song of the Day.
Blasters of the Universe is the first of its kind, bringing the bullet hell genre into first person VR. Intense gameplay is heavily reliant on physical movement, requiring the player to duck, dodge, twist, turn, and maneuver their way through tons of enemies and hundreds of bullets.
MasterpieceVR is the world’s first collaborative 3D painting, sculpting and modelling program for virtual reality. Create works of art, colourful characters, and objects with ease. Connect with people anywhere in the world and create together in real time, teach an art class, or share your creation.
The Night Cafe is an environment that allows you to explore the world of Vincent van Gogh first hand. Take a moment to enjoy his iconic sunflowers in 3 dimensions or walk around the chair he painted in his bedroom to see it from another angle. Step into the vivid colors straight from his palette.
A viral sensation in 2016, Prosthetic Reality is being showcased in Canada for the first time thanks to a collaboration between House of VR and Australian artist Sutu. The Augmented Reality art show features 25 international artists whose work comes to life with digital animations curated by Sutu. Using the proprietary Eyejack app, guests will hover over real-life art pieces to see the whimsical digital animations. For those not experienced with AR, this will be a sight to remember.
P.S.> Electric Runway founder Amanda Cosco will be hosting a fireside chat with Parham Aarabi, the founder & CEO of ModiFace. Get your tickets here.