- This event has passed.
Electric Runway Ready-to-Wear Fashion Tech Showcase at WWTO
August 24, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree
Electric Runway is back on the runway with a ready-to-wear fashion tech show! As many of you already know, We Are Wearables Toronto is the largest wearable technology meetup in the world, with more than 6,000 members in its online community and hundreds turning out monthly to explore the future of technology on the body.
For their August event, WWTO is focusing on the future of fashion and has teamed up with Best Buy for an event unlike any other. Discover demos and innovations exploring the intersection of fashion and tech, featuring presentations, panels and an expo featuring Fossil, Myant, Sensoria, Klothed, Modiface, and more.
Electric Runway’s fashion showcase will close the night, showing off the latest in wearables and designer clothing.
PLUS get your Power Glove ready! This event is an 80s costume party with prizes going to those dressed totally rad! Beer, wine, and pizza will also be served.
6:30-7:00PM: Doors open & networking
7:00-7:10PM: Opening Remarks by Tom Emrich – We Are Wearables & Super Ventures
7:10-7:25PM: Presentation by TBA
7:25-7:40PM: Presentation by Sharlene Sternberg – Marketing Manager, Sensoria
7:40-7:55PM: Presentation by Tony Chahine – CEO, Myant
7:55-8:20PM: Panel discussion on fashion & wearables with:
• Fossil (TBA)
• Tony Chahine – CEO, Myant
• Zayn Jaffer – Director of Emerging Businesses, Best Buy Canada
• Amanda Cosco – Founder, Electric Runway
• Isabel Sloane – Freelance Journalist (Globe and Mail, National Post, FLARE, and VICE)
• Sharlene Sternberg – Marketing Manager, Sensoria
• Moderated by Tom Emrich – We Are Wearables & Super Ventures
8:20-8:40PM: Fashion Tech Ready-to-Wear Showcase hosted by Electric Runway
8:40-10:00PM: Networking and demo area including:
• Myant – makers of VX360, the world’s best visibility jacket
• Sensoria – artificial intelligent sportswear including Sensoria Smart Socks
• Klothed – a fashion and style planning app for Men
• Modiface – augmented reality virtual technology makeover leader
• Fossil – an American lifestyle brand creatively rooted in authentic vintage and classic designs and makers of the Fossil Q smartwatch
Note this event is free, but requires you to RSVP at We Are Wearables.