What is the Innovation Era, and what’s its direct impact on the fashion industry? To find out, we speak with Maureen Conners. Maureen is CEO of Conners Consulting and a Board Director at Fashion Incubator San Francisco. She a former Board Director at Deckers Brands (NYSE: DECK, makers of Ugg) and a mentor for retail start-ups at Plug and Play Tech Accelerator. She is a visionary leader and former senior executive at Gillette (P& G), Levi’s and Mattel – who helped build iconic, world-class brands, launched many new products and helped increase shareholder value.
She is a speaker and her recent talks have been at The CES 2018 High Tech Retailing Summit, Deloitte’s Board Director Symposium, The National Association of Corporate Directors CES Experience, The Women Corporate Directors Event on Retail of The Future, The Wearable Technologies Conference, The Beauty Retail Trends Event at Bloomingdale’s, The Ecommerce Retail Summit at Plug and Play and at The Newco Event on Fashion, Retail, and Tech.
In our interview for the Electric Runway podcast, Maureen shares insights on changing consumer behaviour and new business models that are reshaping business as we know it. She helps us round up the first half of 2018 from a fashion tech perspective, including major acquisitions this year to the importance of voice and virtual reality in future shopping experiences.
Download Maureen’s article, The Innovation Era Implications by clicking the link.
Further reading from this episode:
- We talk about two major acquisitions: Macy’s acquires Storyand
- Is Voice big business? Check out the report from PWC here as well as this research report from Juniper
- Alpine AI helps companies create sales-driven voice apps
- Zara rolls out AR shopping experience
- Modiface is acquired by L’Oréal
- Vusix offers Alexa-enabled smart glasses:
- We speak about “fashion as a platform” with reference to Levi’s Smart Trucker Jacket
- Google Lens could be a game-changer for visual recognition in fashion
- How China is changing your internet: